An open-source port to the classic Doom game
GZDoom is based on ZDoom by Randy Heit but has OpenGL renderer and many extended features.
The binary distribution contains two application bundles:
· GZDoom_SDL, which is an original SDL-based port the same as old versions.
· GZDoom_Cocoa, which is an experimental native Cocoa version. It has several improvements over SDL version like user-friendly fullscreen mode, support for system shortcuts and some limitations removed. However this version may have additional issues.
There are no plans to improve the SDL version except regular integrations from (G)ZDoom SVN repository. So the Cocoa version is preferred to play with. In addition you can switch back to the SDL version anytime you want as both versions are compatible.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added support for user-defined post-proprocessing fragment shaders. Set path to a shader file gl_postprocess_shader via gl_postprocess_shader CVAR. Sample shader files can be found in Extra/Post-Processing Shaders folder on the GZDoom disk image
- Added check for outdated IWAD version with the corresponding message on top of the screen. Added menu option and check_outdated_iwad CVAR to control this feature
- Added brightmaps and lights .pk3 files into the application bundle
- Fixed command line parameters duplication