Freeciv is a great strategy game where you can build your own empire. You start in prehistoric times and must lead your tribe through all ages.
In this game, each player is the leader of a civilization, fighting for the ultimate goal of becoming the greatest civilization.
Freeciv is very similar to the Civilization games, but free and available for anyone.
Here are some key features of "Freeciv":
· Generally comparable with Civilization I & II.
· Up to 30 players!
· Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
· Internet & LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP).
· Support for a great number of platforms see Requirements.
· Premade maps & scenarios!
· 47 units and 61 nations.
· Modpack support!
· Internationalization (i18n).
· In game help system.
· Gameplay specific
· Full Fog of War.
· There are different graphics for different needs.
· 30x30 & 45x45 sized tiles, or most any size you feel like drawing.
· 64, 256 and more colors!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Server / General:
· Bug fix: if the server had to retry map generation, no resources would be generated.
· Bug fix: various trouble with unloading transports if the server had been built without assertions enabled (--disable-debug option to configure).
Bug fixes in unit destruction :
· When a transport unit was lost, loss of nested transports and their cargo was not handled correctly, leading to assertion failures and other misbehavior.
· A loaded transport lost to causes such as autoattack could cause an assertion failure.
· Many more cases of unit loss now contribute to the final score, notably including units on board a transport unit when it was lost.
· The "unit_lost" scripting signal was not emitted for units on board a transport unit when it was lost. (This bug had no effect on the supplied rulesets.)
· Cases where a unit was killed due to a custom script could have led to crashes/instability.
· In complicated cases of nested transports, it was possible for non-allied units to oc...