Freeciv 2.4.3 / 2.5.0 Beta 2
Strategy game that allows you to take the role of a great ruler and build your very own empire by leading your nation through all the important ages of human history
In this game, each player is the leader of a civilization, fighting for the ultimate goal of becoming the greatest civilization.
Freeciv is very similar to the Civilization games, but free and available for anyone.
- Generally comparable with Civilization I & II.
- Up to 30 players!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
- Internet & LAN multiplayer (TCP/IP).
- Support for a great number of platforms see Requirements.
- Premade maps & scenarios!
- 47 units and 61 nations.
- Modpack support!
- Internationalization (i18n).
- In game help system.
- Gameplay specific
- Full Fog of War.
- There are different graphics for different needs.
- 30x30 & 45x45 sized tiles, or most any size you feel like drawing.
- 64, 256 and more colors!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.4.3
- Changes affecting players (supplied rulesets):
- When units were moved in the aftermath of a broken alliance, the client could crash when manipulating those units. The server no longer sends unhelpful information which could trigger the crash in old clients, and the client is robust against this behaviour from old servers. GNA#21899
- The server could leak information about how many units were in an enemy city, which a modified client could use to cheat. GNA#22049
- Some players could be accidentally given free technologies at game start due to uninitialized memory. This was more likely to be noticeable with multiplayer games; it did not generally happen to the human player in a single-player game. GNA#22056