FreeOrion is a free, unique, easy to play, open source, turn-based space empire and galactic conquest (4X) computer game.
FreeOrion is inspired by the tradition of the Master of Orion games, but is not a clone or remake of that series or any other game.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
New Features / Improvements:
· Very much improved AI.
· Added an AI aggression setting during game setup.
· Keyboard presses should now account for the operating system language setting, and it should be possible to type non-Latin characters in-game as long as the appropriate character set is used in the selected stringtable file.
· Added an objects list window, with collapsable rows showing objects containing other objects
· Objects list has an incomplete filtering function to control what objects are shown.
· Right clicking an object in the objects list give a command to data dump about that object to the messages window. (For debug purposes)
· Added ion storms moving around the map. Ships and planets in storms have reduced stealth and detection.
· Improved Sitrep
· Added type filters.
· Old sitrep entries are kept on later turns, and may be reviewed.
· Different icons for different event types
· Added droplists to items on production queue to produce multiple items before being removed from the queue.