FoFix 4.0.0.Alpha 1 / 3.1.20
FretsOnFire fork with plenty of features, customizable themes and options
Play guitar, bass or drums along with your favorite songs on your computer using either your keyboard or instruments. You can use your Guitar Hero or Rock Band instrument controllers.
Separated audio tracks will mute when you fail to hit or sustain the required notes correctly to simulate a real concert-playing experience.
- Completely Customizable Graphics (standard .PNG format)
- Completely Customizable Sound Effects & Menu Music (standard .OGG format)
- Completely Customizable Fretboard Point Of View (POV)
- Completely Customizable Menus and Layouts
- 2D or 3D Notes & Frets
- 3D Note Texturing
- Unlimited Themes
- Unlimited Necks
- Graphical Neck Selection
- Up to 4 players in a variety of different multiplayer game modes
- Random Stages, Stage Rotation (slideshow) and basic Animated Stages
- Support for separated song, guitar, bass and drum audio tracks
- Guitar playable & separated track support
- Lead Guitar & Rhythm Guitar playable track support
- Bass Guitar playable & separated track support
- Bass Groove 5x, 6x, 10x, and 12x multiplier support
- Playable Drums and Vocals!
- Big Rock Endings
- Drum Fills to activate starpower / overdrive
- Native MIDI instrument input / controller support
- Pitch-bending whammy DSP effect
- Songlist metadata caching for faster subsequent load times
- Both digital and analog Killswitch effects (Pseudo whammy bar support)
- AI support (We call him Jurgen; he rules us all)
- Support for Guitar Solos, Bass Solos, and Drum Solos
- Practice mode: single-track, full-speed, selectable start position / section
- Slowdown mode: single or multiple tracks, 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 speed
- Includes four tutorial songs to get you started
- Customizable HO/POs (including chord pull-offs) and Note Hit Window
- In-Game Status Display
- In-Game Star Score Display (continuous partial star fillup available)
- World high score chart with optional score uploading
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.0.0.Alpha
- The first alpha of what will eventually become FoFiX 4.0.0 has been released. There is a lot of work still remaining to be done, but this alpha will let you preview and check out what has been done so far.
- The main new things are the MegaLight v4 theme, Theora video playback, the beginning of a faster OpenGL binding, and improved theme customizability (including a new custom rockmeter mechanism and the return of the original FoF's stage.ini).