Companion to the Rubik's Cube suited for beginners, cube lovers, speed-cubers and mathematicians.
You can use it as a tool to solve your scrambled cube, to document your collection of cubes, to describe your solution algorithms, and to analyse the permutations of cube parts.
NOTE: CubeTwister is free for non-commercial use.
- Accurate 3D models - CubeTwister provides Accurate 3D models of Rubik's Cube 3x3, Pocket Cube 5x5, Barrel Cube, Diamond Cube, Pocket Cube 2x2, Revenge Cube 4x4, and Octahedron Cube.All models can have individual color schemes and can even be disassembled. You can edit the models to reflect your personal collection of cubes.
- Configurable Parser - CubeTwister has a configurable parser. The parser supports quarter-turn twists, half-turn-twists, rotations, permutations, inversions, reflections, repetitions, conjugations, commutations, and macros. You can define your own notation, and you can translate between notations.
- Database - CubeTwister has a database for scripts, maneuvers and pretty patterns. Cubes, Notations, Scripts and Texts are organized in a tree structure. The documents are saved in XML format and can be edited using other XML tools. You can enter all your scripts and supportive documentation in CubeTwister
- Solver - CubeTwister features a Kociemba Two-Phase Solver (derived from Greg Schmidt's KCube program). The solver generates scripts which are only two or three twists longer than the optimal solution. You can enter an arbitrary state of the cube und let it solve, and you can optimise your scripts using the solver.
- Publish - Publish your scripts in the Internet. CubeTwister can create HTML pages with interactive Java applets for each cube design and cube script. Individual scripts can be exported as QuickTime movies and video still images.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Digitally signed. This reduces the number of security warnings when the application is installed and run for the first time.