Combat Mission: Fortress Italy is a great strategy game, that newest addiction to the Allied campaigns. Take a trip in time of the WWII, starting with the battle for Sicily and up until the war's end in 1945.
The player will encounter American, Italian, and German forces which fought in Sicily. Here's some new forces you'll encounter on the battlefield: Italian Bersaglieri, American Rangers, German Herman Goring Division.
New units will laso be available: R-35 Light Tank, Semovente 90/53, Panzer Mk III, Grille, M3 GMC Halftrack, T30 HMC Halftrack.
NOTE: Combat Mission: Fortress Italy does NOT require any of the previous Combat Mission titles to play.
Here are some key features of "Combat Mission: Fortress Italy":
· Moveable Waypoints
· Target Armor Arc Command
· Expanded Floating Icon Categories
· "Fog of War" Floating Icons
· 2D Editor Map Overlay
· Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool
· Camera Jump to Groups
· Target Briefly Command
· New Rendering Shaders
· Bump and Normal Mapping
· Improved Framerates
· Processor: Intel Core Duo (2.2 MHz)
· Video Card: 256 MB RAM
· Memory: 2 GB RAM
· Hard Drive Space: 3.5 GB
· Only three scenarios are playable.
· QuickBattles are disabled (but the QB setup screen is visible)
· Multiplayer modes (PBEM/TCP) are fully enabled
· The Scenario Editor is enabled and fully functional, but it will not allow you to purchase units, load, or save any maps
· Contains nag screens during launch end exit of the demo.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Mortars work better with the Target Briefly command.
· Target Briefly command works when attached to waypoints.
· Corrected a problem with marking mines making a unit get 'stuck'.
· Breda M30 LMG reloads more slowly.
· Breda M37 MMG reloads more quickly.
· Easier to delete old saved games.
· Minor corrections to soldier uniform details.
· Clear Target command key is user-configurable.
· Fixed a trick that allowed mortars to retain existing LOF after moving to a blocked position.
· Driver is shown in the PSW 233.
· M3 GMC and T30 halftracks correctly move a crewman to replace a howitzer gunner casualty.
· TacAI makes better decisions about using HE vs. HEAT against building area targets.
· Renault R35 shows correct icon for coaxial MG.
· Corrections to small-arms ammo inside Italian bunkers.
· Corrected an issue that allowed mortars to estimate range-to-target correctly too easily when changing
· Corrected crash bugs at the end game screen, and the command key configuration screen.
· On-map artillery makes ...