Blitzkrieg is a WWII real-time strategy game that combines flexibility, historic accuracy and endless playability.
Historical accuracy is pushed to the edge as each unit is endowed with the actual capabilities and characteristics that existed at the time. Details such as the thickness of a tank's armor down to the range of infantry rifles add a level of previously unprecedented realism.
Each campaign has been meticulously researched to provide an accurate depiction of the battles that took place, while still maintaining the flexibility (and fun!) necessary to let you play the way you want.
NOTE: To buy Blitzkrieg via the App Store an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Blitzkrieg":
· Thrilling real time strategy game set during World War II
· Soviet, German and western Allied campaigns with more than 80 missions
· More than 200 3D vehicles with realistic weapon and armor data
· Large units such as trains and coastal artillery
· 3D landscapes extend tactical possibilities
· Armies can be extended and improved through promotions and special missions
· Multiplayer game via LAN
· Vehicle database
· Historically accurate battles in Africa, Russia and Europe
· Large operations involving hundreds of Soviet, German and western Allied units
· More than 40 kinds of infantry with specialized weapons
· More than 250 types of buildings and objects
· Units move realistically
· All landscape objects are destructible
· Numerous videos from World War II provide for a thoroughly absorbing atmosphere
· Enemy equipment can be stolen and used
· Ability to build bridges, dig trenches, lay mines and call for air support (fighters, bombers, low level fighters, reconnaissance, paratroopers)
· 512 MB RAM
· 128 MB VRAM
· GeForce 7300, Radeon X1600, Intel HD Graphics 3000 or newer
· 2.5 GB hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug that caused fullscreen mode to only show black on some Mac models.
· Fixed a minor bug in filesystem access code, which might potentially have caused to random crashes.
· Fixed a bug which caused reloading of already loaded saved game to take more time, and potentially cause crashes.
· Game optimisations.
· Fixed window mode issues
· Compatibility with Lion (10.7)