Backgammon Online is a fun OS X board game that enables you to connect to an Internet Backgammon Server and play backgammon.
Your purpose in Backgammon Online is to remove all your pieces from the board as fast as you can.
NOTE: To buy Backgammon Online via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Backgammon Online":
· Polished user interface and beautiful boards
· On FIBS, there are also very sophisticated bots of different playing strengths which are a serious challenge to even the most skilled Backgammon players
· Creating a new FIBS account is just a matter of finding a suitable user name, no web-site visits or personal information required
· Automatic forced moves and bear-off
· Integrated FIBS Chat
· All aborted matches are automatically saved
· Finished matches can be saved in the MAT file format, which is readable by almost every professional backgammon software (match-saving requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later)
· Ratings for each player are based on match results and other factors, thus you can easily find a player with your playing ability.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Invitations are now more visible: The number of open invitations is displayed as a dock badge and in Mountain Lion, new invitations will be shown in the notification center
· If you right-click a checker, the second die will be used
· The advice “no moves possible” can be disabled
· Checkers on the bar are highlighted if you try to move another one first
· The registration window now warns you if you try to use certain special characters in your password which are not allowed at FIBS