Environ has been shattered in the wake of an unknown cataclysm, with only small pockets of humanity left in its wake... What will you do in this strange new world?
A Valley Without Wind is a fun, procedurally-generated 2D side-scrolling adventure of limitless proportions.
You will have to survive and explore a vast persistent world filled with dangerous creatures, powerful magic, and ancient technology.
Do so while helping other survivors establish settlements, gathering resources to craft, fending off evil invaders, and more.
Here are some key features of "A Valley Without Wind":
· Explore the beautiful and dangerous regions of Environ in a sprawling adventure. Travel through lush countryside, ruined towns, deep subterranean caves, and buildings of all shapes and sizes.
· Procedural-generation ensures no two worlds will ever be the same. Your planet unfolds as you discover it, and once you've discovered something it becomes part of your Environ for good.
· Take command of survivor settlements. Scout surrounding areas for rare crafting materials and fend off invaders in the turn-based strategic overlay. Improve resident productivity and quality of life through the city-building interface at each settlement.
· Bring to life an infinite amount of characters, settings and stories. You don't just represent an individual, you represent an entire civilization and its indomitable will to survive in a shattered world.
· Everywhere has treasures to discover, people to help, and evils to confront. Craft a variety of spells, scrolls, and traps to help you on your way.
· During beta, there are new updates nearly every weekday -- packed with additional content, improvements, and much more
· 1 GB RAM
· 1 GB Hard Disk Space
· 1.6Ghz CPU
· 800x600 or greater desktop screen resolution
· Broadband Internet Connection or LAN required for multiplayer
· Broadband Internet Connection or LAN required for multiplayer Graphics card must support 1024x1024 textures
· Shader model 3.0 required for dynamic skies
· Civilization Level cannot go above 6.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Over 160 new room maps.
· Staniol15 new regular enemies
· Staniol8 new minibosses
· Staniol16 new "elite" enemies (plus the idea of elites at all)
· Staniol5 classes of infestations (plus the idea of infestations at all)
· StaniolA new "craggy highlands" region/biome type.
· Staniol8 new music tracks
· Staniol5 new classes of player enchants
· Staniol3 new player spells
· StaniolSubstantial rebalancement of most player spells.
· StaniolThe ability to give "wait here" orders to NPCs in rescue missions.
· StaniolLarger and more intricate continent designs.
· StaniolRebalanced and streamlined strategic flow.
· StaniolNo more Civilization Progress (CP) in favor of better mechanics.
· StaniolOne central in-game currency rather than six.
· StaniolA new "Opal Guardian Store" in settlements.
· StaniolLoot drops from trash mobs, for use at the opal store.
· StaniolA better enchant-based system of upgrades in place of upgrade stones.
· StaniolNew Feet enchant slot, splitting out items from the Legs slot.
· StaniolStreamlined chara...