TransType Pro is a very easy to use application that gives you the possibility to batch convert any font into different other formats, ro be compatible with Macs or PCs.
TransType Pro is able to work with popular font formats such as Multiple Master, OpenType, PostScript Type 1 or TrueType.
Here are some key features of "TransType Pro":
· Efficiency: no extra unnecessary points added to curves
· Edit font names: change the name of your converted font
· Designate styles: flag your converted font as bold or italic
· Batch processing: convert many fonts at once.
· Adds TR logo to some glyphs during conversion.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Convert fonts with ease:
· TransType had its start in the days of the ‘font wars’ — when the manufacturers of operating systems were battling it out over font formats. Anyone who worked with fonts needed TransType’s quick and easy conversions between the different formats and platforms. Meanwhile, OpenType has established itself as the font format of choice on desktop computers.
· But we have new font formats which are used on the web (WOFF, EOT, SVG), and by font developers (UFO, VFB), so the need for conversion tools is just as strong. It still does matter whether the OpenType font exists in the PostScript or in the TrueType flavor (OTF or TTF). Also, a number of legacy PostScript Type 1 fonts still exists, which makes it difficult to move documents between Mac OS X and Windows. TransType 4 supports all these formats (new and old), and makes font conversion between them easier than ever before.
Reduce problems with font family organization:
· One of the greatest hassles of converting fo...