Fontographer will help you to expand existing fonts to include fractions, symbols, foreign characters, and logos in Type 1, Type 3, and TrueType fonts, or create an entire typeface from scratch.
Fonts created with Fontographer can be used in any program with a font menu on Windows and Macintosh platforms. Fontographer is now integrated into the FontLab line of digital typography tools.
Imports fonts with 32,000 glyphs as OpenType PS (.otf), Win TrueType / OpenType TT (.ttf), Win Type 1 (.pfb + .pfm/.afm), ASCII/Unix Type 1 (.pfa + .afm), Mac Type 1 (LWFN), Mac Type 1 Suitcase (FFIL), Mac TrueType (.dfont or FFIL), TrueType Collections (.ttc), Win Multiple Master (.pfb + .mmm), Mac Multiple Master*, FontLab 3.0-4.6/TypeTool/AsiaFont Studio/ScanFont/FontLab Studio (.vfb), Also imports glyphs as Adobe Illustrator 8 EPS (.ai, .eps), TIFF, BMP.
Exports fonts with 32,000 glyphs as OpenType PS (.otf), Win TrueType / OpenType TT (.ttf), Win Type 1 (.pfb + .pfm/.afm), ASCII/Unix Type 1 (.pfa + .afm), Mac Type 1 (LWFN), Mac Type 1 Suitcase* (FFIL), Mac TrueType (FFIL), Win Multiple Master (.pfb + .mmm), Mac Multiple Master*, FontLab 3.0-4.6/TypeTool/AsiaFont Studio/ScanFont/TransType/FontLab Studio (.vfb), Bitmap Distribution Format (.bdf). Also exports glyphs as Adobe Illustrator 8 EPS (.ai + .eps).
Here are some key features of "Fontographer":
· Open and generate Type 1, TrueType, OpenType, Type 3 and Multiple Master fonts
· Exchange working files with FontLab Studio, TypeTool or ScanFont using the FontLab VFB format
· Copy-paste or import outline artwork or bitmap images (with customizable autotracing)
· View all of your font’s characters in the Font Window
· Examine or modify the font encoding
· Design or change any character in the Glyph Window
· Edit metrics and kerning in the Metrics Window
· Easily set up and modify technical font parameters, font naming and linespacing settings in a comprehensive Font Info dialog
· Automatically improve the font’s screen quality using sophisticated autohinting algorithms
· Only 20 glyphs can be saved.
· 50% of glyphs are modified (a FL watermark is embedded).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved support for Asian CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) fonts: edit vertical glyph metrics and vertical kerning; set the linespacing using the Ideographic em
· New Edit Kerning dialog for easier modification of existing kerning pairs
· Import and Export EPAR (Electronic Permissions and Recommendations) data
· Dozens of bug fixes and minor improvements