FontLab Studio is a great font editor that will prove very useful for creating new typefaces or extend, re-encode or convert already existing fonts.
FontLab Studio is able to work with OpenType PS, TrueType / OpenType TT and PostScript Type 1 formats with up to 6,400 characters.
FontLab Studio can import and export fonts with up to 65,535 glyphs, includes a wide range of editing tools and filters and comes with an easy to use and highly customisable user interface.
Here are some key features of "FontLab Studio":
· Outline editor
· View and generate master fonts
· Import or export glyphs in EPS format
· Metric and kerning editing
· Sketch mode
· Supports 4 different encoding modes
· Five printing modes
· OpenType support
· 15 MB of hard drive space
· 64 MB RAM
· Save fonts: only 20 glyphs can be saved
· Export: 50% of glyphs are modified (FL logo is embedded)
· Metrics: export of metrics files is disabled
· EPS: export is disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adds support for Sassafras KeyServer, and fixes two bugs: "#705 Newly added glyphs not recognized by Python" and "#702 Invalid Mac Type 1 suitcases generated".