MoneyWell gives you powerful, personal finance organization and analysis tools in a simple, single-screen solution.
Without running complex reports or having to trudge through six levels of pie charts, you'll know immediately if your spending is on track.
Here are some key features of "MoneyWell":
An Electronic Twist on "Envelope Budgeting":
· Splitting up your paycheck into envelopes for each category of your budget is a tried and true method for stopping overspending. Unfortunately, with direct deposit and debit cards that work like cash, it's nearly impossible to do today. MoneyWell supercharges that concept and gives you back control over your spending with spending buckets.
Find What You're Looking For:
· Want to see all your dining out transactions from last month? There's no need to run a report or find one transaction at a time. Just click the Dining bucket, click last month's graph bar and you're done. One or two clicks completes almost any lookup. What if you knew the entry had the word "apple" in it?
Go with the Flow:
· Remember the joke with the punchline: "How can I be overdrawn? I still have checks left!" It's not so funny when it happens to you. That's why MoneyWell tells you more than just your account balance: it tells you what you can spend for each activity. All you have to do is type "apple" in Search Transactions and you will instantly see the results before you finish typing.
· It's easy to set up too: Click Spending Plan to set a planned amount for each bucket and click Allocate Income to flow your income into the buckets. When you have spent all the money in a bucket, it shows up as tipped over and empty.
Control Credit Card Debt:
· Credit cards are dangerous because they fly under the budget radar. MoneyWell is an equal opportunity spending manager. It sees money coming out of your Clothing bucket even if it comes from your credit card instead of your checking account.
Change Your Mind, Change Your Bucket:
· MoneyWell makes changing transaction details as easy as changing your mind. Did you want to break out your casual eating and more formal dining? Just create two buckets called "Fast Food" and "Formal Dining." Change your mind and rename "Fast Food" to "Casual Dining" and all the related transactions are changed as well.
· Want to merge the two into a single "Dining" bucket? Just rename one of them to "Dining" and drag the transactions from the other into it. There's no complex search and replace operations in MoneyWell.
· Decide that all of this was a mistake, just Undo it all with a mouse click or two.
Loaded with QIFs:
· Do you currently track your finances with Quicken or some other program? MoneyWell allows you to import all your existing data using a QIF file. A quick export and import and you're ready to get a better grasp on your spending.
· Limited to 200 transactions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved security holding popover to allow manual and automatic price updates
· Improved transaction editing amount and bucket fields with keyboard shortcuts
· Improved cash flow search filter by including original payee and memo
· Improved sort on Reconcile view to use reconciled date
· Improved control over creation of Favorites by adding a user-preference
· Improved amount entry to ignore common currency characters
· Improved selection of accounts used for Duplicates view after importing
· Improved reconciled running balance calculations to be more consistent
· Improved lookup of current price on imported securities (OFX and QIF)
· Improved amount calculator to handle percentage calculations
· Improved display of split children when filtered to a bucket group
· Improved support for Shift key during startup to skip opening any documents
· Improved Download to active an import for offline accounts
· Improved horizontal spacing on Spending Plan compact list view
· Improved restore of document layout to work wit...