Read to Learn is an educational OS X application designed to help adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities (including autism) to improve their literacy skills.
Read to Learn includes interactive books with various illustrations and age-appropriate themes: Life Skills Reader, Focus on Feelings and Safety Skills Reader.
NOTE: To buy Attainment's Read to Learn via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Read to Learn":
· Professional narrations
· Highlights text by word, sentence, or line
· Allows user to touch any word to hear it pronounced
· Written in simplified, concise language
· Illustrated with realistic photos and drawings
· Stresses independent living skills
· Supports nonreaders
· Includes hint feature for tests
· Stores and prints test results
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug using camera for user icon.
· Windowed-mode is now resizable.