Wikibot provides you a beautifully designed interface and a wide palette of customization options for you to read your favorite Wikipedia articles.
Wikibot also comes with killer features like tabbed browsing, language switching, a read-later queue, offline caching, and much more.
NOTE: To buy Wikibot via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "Wikibot":
· Just like in mobile safari, you can have multiple articles open at the same time. Switching between tabs is fast and you can even open links in new tabs by pressing and holding on a link.
· The display is customizable to give you the best reading experience. You can easily change the font size, the font type, the margins, the color scheme, and even the brightness of the articles.
· Easily search Wikipedia in 36 different languages. Effortlessly jump from the English version of an article to the German version, or any other combination!
BOOKMARKS AND FOLDERS:
· Save your favorite articles as bookmarks. Come back to them whenever you want, immediately!
· Sometimes you're reading an article and find great links that you want to read, but you don't to interrupt your current article. What do you do? Simply right click on the link to add it to your Read-It-Later queue. The article will be downloaded in the background for immediate access when you're ready.
· Use the normal keyboard shortcut (command + F) to search inside of articles!
· Articles and images are cached for offline use until you delete them. Enjoy Wikipedia while you're on the plane, on a train, or in a submarine!
FULLY OFFLINE VERSION:
· If you need offline access to the complete Wikipedia corpus on your iOS device or Mac, please search for "Wiki Offline" on the App Store, also by Avocado Hills. It is temporarily on sale to celebrate the Wikibot launch!
· Look for Wikibot on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch as well! Currently on sale on the iTunes App Store.
· Don't be afraid to get in touch with us. User input is greatly appreciated -- in fact, most new features are suggested by users like yourself!
· 64-bit processor
· The Pro version features:
· No ads
· Read it Later Queue
· iCloud syncing across all iOS devices of history, bookmarks, folders, and read later queue
· Browse in 36 different languages
· Easily find similar articles by category
· Easily view different languages of the same article
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes for OSX 10.7 Lion