TLex Suite description
A useful dictionary production software.
TLex (aka TshwaneLex) is a professional, feature-rich, fully internationalised, off-the-shelf software application suite for compiling dictionaries or terminology lists.
It has been adopted by many major publishers, government organisations and individuals worldwide, as it delivers excellent ROI.
TLex contains many specialized features that allow you to dramatically reduce dictionary production time and costs and increase the quality and consistency of your dictionaries (from single-user projects to large teams).
These include an integrated Corpus Query System, real-time preview, full customisability, advanced styles system, "smart cross-references" with tracking and auto-updating, automated lemma reversal, automated numbering and sorting, export to MS Word and typesetting systems (such as InDesign, Quark and XPP), multi-user support for managing teams, and much more. Publish to hardcopy, Web, or CD-ROM / software.
TLex can be easily used for all kinds of dictionaries, languages and supports industry standards such as Unicode and XML.
Here are some key features of "TLex Suite":
- TLex Suite includes:
- TLex Dictionary Compilation Software
- tlTerm Professional Termbase Software
- tlCorpus Concordance Software
- User-friendly: TshwaneLex and TshwaneTerm do not require advanced computer literacy skills - if you can use Microsoft Word, you will be able to learn TshwaneLex/TshwaneTerm
- Automatic sense numbering
- Automatic homonym numbering
- Automatic cross-reference tracking and updating of homonym and sense numbers
- Immediate WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) article preview
- Immediate preview of cross-referenced articles and cross-referencing articles
- Integrated corpus
- Full Unicode support - supports virtually all of the world's languages
- Easily enter any phonetic symbol (IPA ; phonetic extensions)
- Fully customisable and highly flexible (create any fields and structures relevant to your dictionary)
- Network and multi-user (team) lexicography support (supports all major database servers, e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Management Tools: Assign tasks to users and monitor user or team progress
- Export to:
Microsoft Word format, RTF, HTML, XML, CSV
Corel WordPerfect and OpenOffice (via RTF format)
Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress
- Import from:
CSV (may also import corpus frequency counts)
XML or word frequency counts from corpus query software
CUSTOM: contact us for a quote for conversion of existing data in any format
- Various features for generating 'multiple dictionaries from one database'
- Customisable styles (font, colour etc.) for every field in the dictionary
- Customisable language of the meta-language
- Bilingual dictionaries: Automated lemma reversal
- Bilingual dictionaries: Side-by-side bilingual editing and "linked view" mode
- Bilingual dictionaries: "Translation Equivalent fanouts"
- Multimedia: Allows sound (e.g. pronunciation) recordings to be linked to any field
- Multimedia: Allows images to be added to entries
- IME "Windows soft-keyboard" support
- Right-to-left language support (Hebrew, Arabic etc.)
- Fast full-dictionary text search
- Filter: define criteria for viewing/exporting a subset of the dictionary based on specific characteristics
- Dictionary compare/merge feature: Integrate work done by different team members
- A unique Ruler Tool to ensure balanced treatment on multiple levels
- Automatic checking for various dictionary errors
- Electronic Dictionary (CD-ROM) software module available
- Place dictionaries online. Examples:
Online dictionary module:
Swahili - English dictionary
Northern Sotho - English dictionary
Direct export to "static HTML":
James Randi Encyclopedia
- Scripting language
- Customisable DTD (dictionary grammar editor)
- Expires on 31 March 2012.
- [Preview] Add new Settings button in top right of Preview Area that faciliates access to Preview Area settings
- [Filter (F5)] New 'Node intersection' option in which ALL conditions must match on one or more specific individual node(s) for the entry to pass the filter condition test (i.e. 'apply intersection of matching nodes for all conditions'). This major addition to 'Filter (F5)' allows you to find specific elements/nodes that match multiple conditions, e.g. 'Find an Example node that has a translation AND a source/citation', or 'Find a Sense node that has TEs AND has Examples'. This can also be combined with Search filters in interesting ways, e.g. one could construct filter queries such as 'Find cases where an Example has the word "dog" in it AND the Example translation is not filled in'. (Combining these with the new 'custom user filters', one can create much more advanced filter queries.)
- [Sorting] New 'Tools/Node sort' tool allows child elements of a given type throughout a do...