This is the basic version of the SkySafari suite of planetarium applications. You will be able to observe over 120,000 stars and 220 of the best-known nebulae, star clusters and galaxies in the sky.
Using NASA spacecraft imagery, SkySafari will show you the Solar System's core planets and natural satellites, which also includes the best known comets and asteroids.
SkySafari Plus is able to show you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time. Even more, SkySafari Plus contains loosely 1100 scientific descriptions of stars, planets and constellations written in a way that anyone can understand.
Finally, SkySafari Plus includes over 80 images from NASA's space missions, theHubble Space Telescope, and from several well known astro-
NOTE: To buy SkySafari via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. Added entire Hipparcos catalog of 120,000 stars. Some binary stars attached to wrong primary star have now been fixed.
· Added the Night Sky Network to the Help menu. Find two months' worth of star parties and other astronomy events in your area, anywhere in the United States!
· Updated constellation descriptions. New maps of Mercury, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Umbriel. Added Curiosity (MSL) to Mars surface features.
· Fixed problem that made the screen occasionally go blank, with a coordinate display of NaN, NaN in the upper left corner. When stepping time and the selected object is locked, the center coordinates label is now correct.
· Fixed problem importing satellite orbit files containing corrupted lines. Julian Dates now saved to 1 second precision in Settings files.
· When searching for an object, the text you type is no longer replaced with the name of the object you selected. When the mouse is clicked while panning to an object, the object...