SkiSafari Plus is an astronomical OS X application that contains a large database of stars and sky objects: 2.5 million stars, and 31,000 deep sky objects, which encompass the entire NGC/IC catalog.
With SkiSafari Plus, you will be able to observe our Solar Syetem's major planets and moons with the help of NASA's spacecraft images. It includes over 4,000 asteroids, comets, and satellites with orbits that are constantly updated.
SkySafari Plus is able to show you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time. Even more, SkySafari Plus contains loosely 1100 scientific descriptions of stars, planets and constellations written in a way that anyone can understand.
Finally, SkySafari Plus includes over 80 images from NASA's space missions, theHubble Space Telescope, and from several foremost astro-photographers.
NOTE: To buy SkySafari Plus via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Asteroid and comet positions are now precisely computed with gravitational effects of the major planets taken into account. Simulate asteroid flybys like 2012 DA14 with NASA-like precision!
· Default solar system database now includes asteroid and comet data current as of mid-January, 2013. Orbital elements are now stored to 64 bits of precision.
· Fixed failure to import data from asteroids and comets that are not already in the default solar system object database. Fixed many small accuracy problems in importing orbit data from the Minor Planet Center.
· Corrected orbital motion for Saturn's moon Phoebe.
· Fixed failure to draw many bright stars when the magnitude limit was set below 3.
· Chart center coordinates now update correctly when toggling Nutation checkbox in Precession settings. Fixed formatting of precession epoch strings in Coordinates panel, and elevation in Location panel.
· Selected solar system object orbit and path are no longer drawn after selecting a non-solar-system object....