Scilab is a numerical computation platform that includes a powerful computer environment.
Scilab was built to convert a large array or areas including finance, chemistry, aerospace or biology.
Scilab comes with a huge amount of mathematical functions and a high level programming language.
Scilab includes signal processing, control, simulation and optimization functionalities.
Here are some key features of "Scilab":
· Hundreds of mathematical functions
· High level programming language
· 2-D and 3-D graphics
· Advanced data structures and user defined data types
· Xcos: hybrid dynamic systems modeler and simulator
2-D and 3-D visualization:
· Pie charts
· Graphics export in many formats: GIF, BMP, JPEG, SVG, PDF...
· Linear algebra
· Sparse matrices
· Polynomials and rational functions
· Simulation: explicit and implicit systems of differential equations solvers
· Classic and robust control
· Differentiable and non-differentiable optimization
· Interpolation, approximation
· Signal Processing
· Graphs and Networks
· Interface with Fortran, C, C++, Java
· Functions for calling Scilab from C, C++, Fortran and Java
· LabVIEW Gateway
· A large number of modules available via ATOMS
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A warning has been added for 1./x and 1.\x syntax clarification.
· A new output argument has been added to regexp
· function to retrieve subpatterns matches.
· New xmlName function added to retrieve the name of a XML element.
· clc(): New icon in the toolbar to clear the console. See Bug # 12049.
· test_run no longer takes into account skipped tests in
· the summary.
· Search is now possible in the console. Shortcut F3 or CTRL+F enables it.
· editvar proposes direct save to the CSV format of the whole variable or the selection.
· Completion in Scilab is now case insensitive.
· variance is now vectorized and allows the syntax
· variance(x,"*",w). See Bug # 12362.
· Console command history is now stored in SCIHOME/history file under all platforms.
· In Scilab documentation, 'scilab:needs-examples="no"' tag has been added to specify that the help page does not need example.
Two new commands added:
· For SciNotes: scinotes modules/core/macros/whos.sci opens a file. If the file does not exist, Sc...