NairnFEAMPM is a free and self-contained package for advanced scientific calculations that uses finite element analysis (FEA) or material point method calculations (MPM).
The code engines are embedded in the application resources.
The main applications is a visual front end to the code engines that sets up calculations, runs them, and then has many tools for visualizing the results.
NOTE: To download NairnFEAMPM via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NairnFEAMPM is now a sandboxed application for greater security.
· This version revised the work flow, which enables greater flexibility in saving results. A new preference lets you automatically save commands files before launching a calculation.
· NairnFEAMPM is bundled with the latest versions of the code engines, which have added many options, especially for material point method (MPM) calculations.
· The help window has been redone to make accessing help much better and it is searchable. A nice feature is you can control-click on any command in a commands window and jump to help on that command.
· For various other minor changes and changes to the material point method (MPM) and finite element analysis (FEA) code engines, please refer the the "What's New" help topic.