My First Words is an educational OS X app that will help children how to read and develop their fulency (recognition of groups of letters).
Also, My First Words introduces kids to a second language (English, Portuguese, French, German).
My First Words features levels with increasing difficulty: different letter modes help children advance (block capitals then lower case letters and finally handwriting) as words get progressively longer.
A mother’s or child's voice says the words to help children better memorize them.
NOTE: To buy My First Words via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "My First Words":
· Displays 3 random words, one corresponding to the picture
· 80 words (free update with 60 new words in development)
· 4 languages (English, French, German, Portuguese)
· 3 levels of difficulty 1 to 4 letters, 5 to 7 letters, 8 to 12 letters
· Lifelike pronunciation (mother or child voices)
· Animal and musical instrument sounds
· Choice of letter modes (block capitals, block capitals and lower case, handwriting)
· Original high-quality drawings
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Twenty free drawings (vehicles)
· Twenty free sounds (vehicles)