JHOVE is a utility that can be used to perform format specific validation, characterization and identification of digital objects.
JHOVE includes standard representation information such as pathname, byte size, format, checksums or last modification date.
Additional media type-specific representation information is consistent with the NISO Z39.87 Data Dictionary designed for digital still images and the draft AES metadata standard for digital audio.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The amount of logging code has been increased, mostly at the
· DEBUG level.
· Further work on generics in Java code.
· JhoveView now checks for Java 1.5. Was previously allowing 1.4 even
· though it wouldn't work.
· XHTML files are processed by the HTML module, which invokes the XML
· modules. In this case, the XML module doesn't have the parameters
· specified in the JHOVE configuration file and so won't use local
· copies of schemas. Starting with this version, the parameters of
· the HTML module are passed to the XML module when invoking it.
· However, this doesn't work properly (in either module) for a DTD
· that invokes additional DTDs by relative URLs. Such DTDs should
· be edited to use only absolute URLs.
· Failure to get a page object number wasn't being handled cleanly,
· resulting in a report of an invalid document without an error message
· to explain it (SourceForge bug 49). This has been fixed.
· The PDF module unnecessarily uses huge amounts of memory to b...