Hanzim is a Chinese character learning-aid application designed to help you memorize characters and words by letting the structure they share work for you instead of against you.
In the main window, characters with the same radical, phonetic component, or pronunciation as a character of interest are shown in the bottom three panels. Words utilizing the character are displayed to the left and right.
Hanzim also includes a reader window where Chinese text can be loaded or pasted in and read with pop-up annotations.
A search window pops up to allow you to find characters by individual components, and search for words based on pronunciation with or without tone information.
Hanzim can also work as a fast, easy dictionary where you can look up characters by Mandarin pinyin, Cantonese jyutping, radical, or English definition. Or paste a character from a browser or other place on your desktop for an instant view.
Here are some key features of "Hanzim":
· Display characters with same radical, phonetic component, and pronunciation
· Display compounds a character participates in in first and second position
· Look-up by Mandarin pinyin or Cantonese jyutping
· Look-up by radical
· Look-up by English meaning
· Look-up-by-paste, and copy to clipboard functions
· Large Chinese-English dictionary
· Narrow focus to most common characters
· "Live" look-up from Chinese text
· Find characters by component, words by pronunciation
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes.
· Mac app is now signed.