FET is a free and open source timetabling app for schools, high-schools and some universities.
FET uses a fast and highly efficient timetabling algorithm and it is licensed under the GNU/GPL.
NOTE: The Mac OS X (Intel) FET binary is contributed by Yushun Yuen. All problems regarding it should be reported on the dedicated FET forum thread.
Here are some key features of "FET":
· FET is free software, licensed under the GNU GPL v2 or later. You can freely use, copy, modify and redistribute it
· Fully automatic generation algorithm, allowing also semi-automatic or manual allocation
· Platform independent implementation, allowing running on GNU/Linux, Windows, Mac and any system that Qt supports
· Powerful flexible modular XML format for the input file, allowing editing with an XML editor or by hand (besides FET interface)
· Import/export from CSV format
· The resulted timetables are exported into HTML, XML and CSV formats
· Very flexible students (pupils) structure, organized into sets: years, groups and subgroups. FET allows overlapping years and groups and non-overlapping subgroups. You can even define individual students (as separate sets)
· Each constraint has a weight percentage, from 0.0% to 100.0% (but some special constraints are allowed to have only 100% weight percentage)
· Possibility of adding multiple teachers and students sets for each activity. (it is possible also to have no teachers or no students sets for an activity)
· Virtually unlimited number of time constraints
· Virtually unlimited number of space constraints
· A large and flexible palette of time constraints: break periods
· Apple's developer tools installed.
· Qt 4.3.0 or later to compile.
· Limits for the algorithm (all these limits can be increased on demand, as a custom version, because this would require a bit more memory):
· Maximum total number of hours (periods) per day: 60
· Maximum number of working days per week: 35
· Maximum total number of teachers: 6000
· Maximum total number of sets of students: 30000
· Maximum total number of subjects: 6000
· Virtually unlimited number of activity tags
· Maximum number of activities: 30000
· Maximum number of rooms: 6000
· Maximum number of buildings: 6000
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Corrected the Romanian translation (by Horatiu Halmajan, daviodan and Liviu Lalescu).