Cartographica is built for people who create maps using spatial data and want to convert them between formats.
Cartographica's design emphasizes the easiness of import, exploration, analysis and output.
Cartographica assists you in bringing in your georeferenced raster data (like orthophotos and satellite imagery) or your vector data from almost any source, or even CSV text files.
Here are some key features of "Cartographica":
· Flexible File Import
· Online Map Service Support
· Rapid Filtering
· Sophisticated Layout
· Flexible Styles
· Direct Editing
· Image Georeferencing
· Undo Support
· Layer Transparency
· Simultaneous Data/Map Browsing
· GPS Support
· Direct Database Access
· Intelligent Projection Management
· 1GB of RAM
· 1GB of Disk
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add Edit > Duplicate And Translate... to create a copy of the selected feature(s) at a specific x,y offset or angle and distance
· More information from the server used to determine what coordinate system to process requests in for WFS requests (making it more likely that the default CRS of the server is downloaded for maximum accuracy)
· Improved interaction with WFS servers running versions 2.0.0 of WFS protocol
· Server information is now re-requested when WFS Information is updated in the panel even if the URL doesn't change
· Add support for using OSM-templates
· Update to latest MrSID (LizardTech) SDK
· Grid layers now have distinctive (and adaptive) grid icon.
· Added default extensions to exported Map files
· Improved built-in geocoding to handle negative address ranges, additional abbreviations, and to better handle whitespace.
· Added Status indicator and cancel for overlay operations.
· Enhanced analysis functions to show more accurate status and be cancelable.