A-Bible Manna is a very easy to use application designed to be your daily Bible reading guide.
Three Easy Steps with some options: Select a Reading Plan; Select a Version(s); Select a Reading and Start reading!
A-Bible Manna has options and features described below that will help you read the Bible over the course of a year. It is not a Bible study program. If you want to search, copy/paste, link to Bible dictionaries and do in-depth analysis then this is not the tool for you.
You should consider getting the "A-Bible" multilingual Bible study application. However, if you want help in reading the Bible using a plan, "A-Bible Manna" has some helpful features to fit your style.
NOTE: To buy A-Bible Manna via the App Store, an Apple account is required.
Here are some key features of "A-BIble Manna":
Select a reading plan:
· There are currently 3 plans: M'Cheyne's classic, a chronological harmony and straight through from Genesis to Revelation. Choose the plan from the popup menu at the upper left.
Select a version(s):
· You can choose a version from the popup menu at the top of the 'Text' field.
· You can view 2 versions simultaneously by clicking on the 'Version Layout' popup menu at the upper right.
· You can scroll the fields together by selecting the 'Scroll All' checkbox. (This works best when the font size of each version is nearly the same and there are not many different passages)
Select a Reading:
· A-Bible Manna opens up to the last passage you read. You can set this to any day by clicking on the arrow buttons at the top of the window or moving the slider along the 'year scrollbar'. To bookmark today, click in the 'Bookmark' field. This means that if you get behind in your reading or read ahead, A-Bible will open to that location.
· The default starting date is January 1 but you can set this to any date up to today. To change the starting date, open the 'Preference' window from the 'Settings' menu. Use the arrow buttons at the top of the window to move forward and backward one day or one month at a time. If you click on the date field it will enter today's date.
How to Save Notes:
· You can write notes in the 'Notes' field. These notes are connected with the reading for that day and for that plan. They are saved automatically whenever you change the reading, change the plan, or quit the program. They will be displayed whenever you open that day's reading.
· These are saved as basic html formatted files in the 'A-Bible Manna' folder in the 'Application Support' folder and can be viewed independently by any application that reads html.
· Set the Start Date - You can choose to start your reading from any day of the year up to the current date. Use the arrow buttons to move forward and backward one day or one month at a time.
· Set the Language - You can set the language of the menu and labels to English or Japanese.
· Set the Version's Text Attributes - You can set each version's font, size, style and color. NOTE: THE 'FORMAT' MENU DOES _NOT_ SET THE VERSION PREFERENCES. IT SHOULD BE USED TO FORMAT YOUR NOTES. To make changes that 'stick' to the versions, use this preference setting. Choose the version first. Then select the formatting you want for each attribute.
· Set the Field and Layout Preferences - You can set the background and hilight color of the fields by clicking on the appropriate buttons and choosing a color from the color wheel.
· You can set the layout of the text by choosing the 'Text Layout' button. - The results are shown in the 'Sample Text' field at the bottom of the 'Preferences' window.
· You can set the layout of the components of the reference by choosing the 'Reference Layout' button. - The results are shown in the 'Sample Text' field at the bottom of the 'Preferences' window.
· You can locate a specific reference by clicking on the 'Show Plan References'. This shows a list of the scripture passages associated with each of the daily readings. The readings are numbered so that you can find them easily using the slider to move across the 'year scrollbar' on the main reading page.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed missing references in KJV. Added NT-Ps-Prov plan. Fixed formatting and Notes problem.