Torq is a powerful DJ software which takes you beyond beat matching and into the future of DJ performance and real-time production. Don’t just spin tracks, reinvent them.
Take advantage of all four decks to create unique, complex, and dynamic mixes. Develop your own sound using high-quality, innovative effects and a powerful built-in sampler. Go beyond crossfading by transitioning between tracks in exciting new ways using the innovative new Traq Morph feature.
You can easily integrate Torq with turntables, CD decks, and a variety of popular DJ controllers—or run the software on its own.
Designed for rock-solid stability and peak performance, Torq gives you unlimited ways to create your own sound on the dance floor, in the studio, and beyond.
Here are some key features of "Torq":
· Cue, beat-match, and mix digital audio files (including MP3, AIFF, WAV, WMA, AAC, and CD audio)
· Organize digital audio files (including iTunes libraries) into an updated, easily searchable database that can handle tens of thousands of tracks
· Use crates and playlists to organize tracks
· 4 full-featured decks for loading and playing files, each with EQ, level control, headphone cueing, and crossfade
· 6 cue points
· Standalone functionality—no hardware peripherals required
· Compatible with select M-Audio DJ hardware including Xponent and Conectiv
· Compatible with select third-party audio interfaces and DJ controllers including Numark NS7, Vestax VCI-300, and others
· Compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered, Ableton Live, and other audio production software via ReWire
· Vinyl and CDJ emulation control modes
· Utilize turntables or DJ CD players to control your tracks (requires a compatible audio interface and Torq Control Vinyl/CDs, sold separately)
· Skip Protection keeps the music playing even if the Control Vinyl or CD skips
· True Key Lock keeps the pitch constant when adjusting external turntable speed
· Controllable via mouse, keyboard, and/or MIDI controller
· Transmit/receive MIDI beat clock for sync with other hardware/software and easy switching between DJs
· MIDI soft takeover prevents parameter jumps when using external controllers
Tempo and Pitch Alteration:
· Tempo Anchors allow marking tracks with varying tempos—effects and samples follow the tempo changes in the song
· Tempo Anchors enable you to eliminate tempo variations, making it easy to mix varied songs
· Tempo Master assigns a playing track to serve as the master tempo source for all tempo-related functions
· zplane’s élastique time-stretching/compression technology for sophisticated beat matching and pitch alteration
Effects and Live Remixing:
· 13 high-quality built-in effects including filter, phaser, strobe, delay, flanger, reverb, distortion, repeat, brake, reverse, and more
· Patent-pending Traq Morph feature transforms your sound with unique filter, cut, duck, and morph effects as you crossfade between tracks
· Comes with over 100 MB of ready-made loops to feed the sampler
· Supports optional third-party VST effects
· Up to four simultaneous effect inserts per deck
· Internal effects can be grouped into effects chains
· VST effect tempo synchronizes with tempo of playing deck
· Effects can be used in a post-fader configuration
· Snapshots let you recall settings and configurations with a single keystroke
· 18-cell, tempo-synced sampler
· Integrated performance recorder
Advanced Looping Functionality:
· Loop points can be set after a section plays
· QuickLoop option for CDJ-style loop division
· Quantize function for start/stop accuracy
· Completely new user interface design
· Remove sections from screen to conserve space
· Preview songs in headphones before loading to deck
· Database categories for bit rate, file type, year, and label
· Select multiple files to add to playlists
· Musical Style Preferences improve results when analyzing tracks
· Drag and drop songs into decks while in browser max view
· Warning message if loading a new song onto a Deck that is playing
· Warning message when attempting to exit Torq
· Optimized control locations
· Intuitive toolbar buttons and MIDI/tempo indicators
· Global Tempo metronome can be monitored in headphones
· Auto Gain feature matches the gain levels between decks
· Multi-channel audio interface recommended
· Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
· 2 GB RAM
· 1280 x 800 screen resolution
· 500 MB available hard drive space
· 30 days trial.
· Does not write analysis fiels (TQD) to disk. Audio files will be analyzed each time they are loaded onto a deck.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
· Enabling/disabling Network devices such as Ethernet or Wireless after Torq has been activated will no longer cause Torq to lose its activation
· Fixed issue with Torq 2 receiving MIDI Beat Clock on Mac OS X.
· Playlist sorting order is now independent from database and file sorting order.
· Fixed: Torq Engine not responding message could appear for several minutes while Torq loads if DB Glitch VST plug-in was left loaded on a deck.
· Many more performance enhancements and fixes