M-Audio FireWire Series is a free and easy to use installer package that will provided you with drivers and control panel software for M-Audio FireWire Series audio interfaces.
The M-Audio FireWire Series driver package is compatible with the following audio interfaces:
· FireWire 410
· FireWire Audiophile
· Firewire 1814
· FireWire Solo
· ProjectMix I/O
· ProFire Lightbridge
· M-Audio FireWire Series audio interface
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved behavior of A/B switch in direct monitoring mode for the FW AudioPhile
· Improved buffer handling in driver which were causing kernel panics with the Lightbridge
· Improved behavior of A/B switch in direct monitoring mode for the FW1814 and ProjectMix I/O
· New firmware with important update. For devices with external sync capability, the firmware and driver no longer attempt to automatically detect the external sync sample rate. Instead, the control panel allows you to directly set the sample rate. This improves reliability, speeds up sync lock acquisition—dramatically, for some devices—and guarantees the nominal sample rate won't change without your knowledge.
· Fixed audible distortion when you have multiple apps are streaming audio and you use the faders or toggle switches in the control panel.
· Fixed a problem where no audio output was available until the sample rate was toggled.
· Fixed long delay before the new volume would take effect when using the system volume control.