Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GS 8.2.08 Build 001
A free and lightweight software package designed to update the firmware installed on your Linksys WRT54G, a wireless-G broadband router
It also serves as a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 switch to connect your wired devices to it using Ethernet cables. The WRT54G also serves as your network's DHCP Server with a powerful firewall to protect your computers against intruders and most known Internet attacks.
The router function ties it all together, letting your whole network share high-speed Cable or DSL Internet connection.
· Before you start, be sure you are using a computer that is connected to the WRT54GS via a wired (Ethernet) connection.
· Open your web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.)
· In the Address bar, type in the IP address of your router. The default IP address is 192.168.1.1.
· Leave the username blank and enter your password. The default password is 'admin', all lower case.
· Click on the Administration tab.
· Click on Firmware Upgrade.
· Browse for the firmware file that you have just extracted. The file name should end in .rmt
· Click the Upgrade button.
· The router will begin its upgrade routine. Do not power off or unplug the router until the process is completed. The entire process may take up to 5 minutes in order to complete.
Note: Detailed nstruction on how to upgrade the firmware can be found HERE.
- Complies with 802.11g and 802.11b (2.4GHz) Standards
- All LAN Ports support auto-crossover (MDI/MDI-X)
- Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and Wi-Fi Protected Access2 (WPA2)
Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GS
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This firmware is compatible with WRT54G hardware version 8.2 only. Please check the bottom of your router to make sure you have the correct version.
- Disconnect all wireless clients from the router during the upgrade process. Make sure no wireless clients attempt to associate with the router until the upgrade process is complete.
- Resolves issue with UPnP denial of service security vulnerability.