Eye TV Digital Video Recorder frees you from TV schedules. Find and track all the programming you want to see, and watch it whenever you want to. Pause live television.
Skip commercials. Record your favorite shows permanently using your CD burner. EyeTV will change the way you watch television.
Playlists are analogous to iPhoto Albums. You can arrange your recordings according to your own criteria in a playlist. There is no limit to the number of playlists you can create.
EyeTV allows you to Arrange your channels by genre, content or other criteria in favorite channel lists.
EyeTV has an integrated electronic program guide. The entire text of the guide is searchable.
NOTE: In order to use the downloaded app on your Mac you will have to activate it using your EyeTV serial.
Here are some key features of "EyeTV":
Watch live TV on your Mac:
· Turn your Mac into the coolest television in the house. Pause the TV show while you get a snack. Rewind and watch that great play again. Fast forward past the advertisements. Float the EyeTV window on top of other applications and keep an eye on your show while you work or surf the Web. Or, go "Full Screen", stretch out on the couch, and channel surf with an EyeTV or Apple Remote.
Integrated, searchable Program Guide (EPG):
· EyeTV puts detailed and up-to-date TV listings at your fingertips, ready to view and search. Free TV listings are supplied by the DVB guide in Europe and Australia. EyeTV also comes with one year of free listings in Europe from tvtv.com (19.80 EUR value), and in Australia a 3 month + 3 month free trial from IceTV.com.au.
· Record your favourite shows
· Is the show you've been watching for the last 10 minutes a keeper? Save the first part of the programme that you've already watched along with the rest of the show. EyeTV can record from the live TV buffer and won't mind a bit if you pause, rewind, and fast-forward through the rest of the show at the same time.
· If you're the type who likes to plan ahead, simply cruise through the Program Guide and pick the shows you want to record up to two weeks in advance. You can even set up recordings over the internet while you're away from home (tvtv/IceTV account required). Fans of radio programming, take note: EyeTV also enables you to record and edit DVB radio.
Wi-Fi Access for iPhone and iPod touch:
· Why use up valuable disc space on that stunning iPod touch or iPhone? Why mess around with connector cables and synching? Take the easy route, and stream your EyeTV recordings straight from your Mac to your iPod touch or iPhone over a local Wi-Fi network.
· EyeTV provides detailed information about each television channel. Drag and drop the ones you watch most frequently into a "favourites" list, or go a step further and organize your sports, news, or movie channels into their own lists.
· Organize your growing library of EyeTV recordings any way you like. File them by series and season, by artist, by genre there is no limit to the number of playlists you can create to store and find your recordings easily. And to make things easy, you can tell EyeTV to do your filing for you.
· Simply set up your recording schedules so they're automatically added to the right playlist as soon as they finish recording. There's more. Use Spotlight to search your recordings by name and description, whether or not the EyeTV application is open.
· Edit your recordings
· Use EyeTV's built-in Editor to remove unwanted content from your recording, or to crop the beginning and end of the show. The Editor also enables you to create one or more short clips from a longer recording and save the clips individually. If you're in a hurry, simply export video clips straight to your iPod or Apple TV without saving them first.
· Build up your iTunes Library
· Enjoy last night's late show on your iPod or iPhone during your morning commute. Watch your own recordings on your widescreen television with an Apple TV. Build up your iTunes library with TV content that you've recorded yourself. EyeTV makes it all happen with one easy click of a button, or simply set your recording to export to iPod, iPhone or Apple TV automatically.
· Archive your collection
· EyeTV integrates seamlessly with Roxio's Toast 8 Titanium (not included). To burn a DVD, simply select the recordings in EyeTV and click the Toast button that's all there is to it. You can also create a perfect back-up by dragging the recordings you'd like to backup from EyeTV directly into Toast's data panel. Toast will span the data across multiple discs if necessary.
· Export to all important file formats
· Care to work with your recordings in professional video editing software such as iMovie, iDVD, or DVD Studio Pro? EyeTV offers a large variety of intelligent presets which selects the optimum export format for you, or lets you chose the setting for yourself. EyeTV handles batch exports, and includes Sony PSP support.
Superior Picture Quality:
· EyeTV is the only TV software that supports "Progressive Scan" for excellent picture quality, and it is capable of displaying full resolution HDTV on Macs with dual, G5, and Intel Core Duo processors. EyeTV also supports closed captions and DVB subtitles as well as Picture-in-Picture (PiP).
· EyeTV records and plays Dolby Digital sound, including 5.1 surround sound, where broadcast. EyeTV also supports the digital optical audio output built into newer Macs and passes Dolby 5.1 sound through to surround sound amplifier and speaker systems.
· Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G4 (500 MHz or faster), G5 or Intel Core processor.
· 512 MB of physical RAM.
· Built-in USB 2.0 ports & a compatible TV Tuner.
· Internet connection is required to download Program Guide data.
· A CD/DVD recorder and Toast 7 Titanium (or newer) software (not included) is required to create DVDs, SVCDs or Video CDs (optional).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved EPG data display & search
· Faster Gracenote EPG data download
· Improved HDMI display support
· Improved application performance after system sleep
· Miscellaneous bug fixes