snappy-java 1.0.5 / 1.1.0 M 4
Java port for Snappy, a fast compressor/decompresser C++ library
snappy-java is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the snappy-java utility on your Mac are available HERE.
- Fast compression/decompression tailored to 64-bit CPU architecture.
- JNI-based implementation to achieve comparable performance to the native C++ version.
- Traditional JNI-based libraries cannot be included in web containers (e.g., war files in Tomcat), but snappy-java has no such a problem because it loads the native code using the root class loader (via native code injection technique), which enables sharing of the native code between child class loaders.
- Portable across various operating systems; Snappy-java contains native libraries built for Window/Mac/Linux (32/64-bit). At runtime, snappy-java loads one of these libraries according to your machine environment (It looks system properties, os.name and os.arch).
- Simple usage. Add the snappy-java-(version).jar file to your classpath. Then call compression/decompression methods in org.xerial.snappy.Snappy
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.0.5 M2
- Support building in Max OS X Lion