C++ library that provides a good alternative to all the other BitTorrent implementations around
There are many bittorrent implementations on the web, but libtorrent aims to be the best one. libtorrent provides an example client as well, which serves for demo purposes only.
· to be cpu efficient
· to be memory efficient
· to be very easy to use
libtorrent is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
- IPv6 support
- Support for NAT-PMP and UPnP
- Unordered, incremental file allocation
- Separate threads for checking files and for main downloader
- Adjustable request queue length
- Multitracker extension support
- 2 gigabytes file support.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- added missing force_proxy to python binding
- anonymous_mode defaults to false
- make DHT DOS detection more forgiving to bursts
- support IPv6 multicast in local service discovery