jdgrid is a lightweight, free and open-source JSP Tag library that provides an easy way to create data grids with Java and JSP.
jdgrid gives you a simple integration with the Spring framework and Java Persistence API (JPA). Optionally also some Ajax functionality can be attached to the grid.
Furthermore, there are a lot of different JSP grid implementation and some of them are jmesa or display tags. Check out the features below to see how is this library any different.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the jdgrid utility on your Mac are available HERE.
jdgrid is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "jdgrid":
· Easy adapter for the Java Persistence API (JPA).
· The paging does only query the items, that are really required. This is a inherit part of the library.
· The filter for rows are generated based on java reflections. They get adapted automatically to the actual column type.
· Relations get loaded automatically.
· All parameters for the Grid are handled in the URL.
· AJAX features can be added optionally.
· AJAX does not require to implement any additional server handlers.
· Easy integration with Spring MVC.