A comprehensive HTTP client library in Python
Note: HTTPS support is only available if the socket module was compiled with SSL support.
- HTTP and HTTPS:
- HTTPS support is only available if the socket module was compiled with SSL support.
- Supports HTTP 1.1 Keep-Alive, keeping the socket open and performing multiple requests over the same connection if possible.
- The following types of HTTP Authentication are supported. These can be used over both HTTP and HTTPS.
- HMAC Digest
- Google Account Authentication
- The module can optionally operate with a private cache that understands the Cache-Control: header and uses both the ETag and Last-Modified cache validators.
- All Methods:
- The module can handle any HTTP request method, not just GET and POST.
- Automatically follows 3XX redirects on GETs.
- Handles both 'deflate' and 'gzip' types of compression.
- Lost update support:
- Automatically adds back ETags into PUT requests to resources we have already cached. This implements Section 3.2 of Detecting the Lost Update Problem Using Unreserved Checkout.
- Unit Tested:
- A large and growing set of unit tests.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- More fixes for the App Engine support.
- Added a new feature that allows you to supply your own provider for the CA_CERTS file. Just create a module named ca_certs_locater that has a method get() that returns the file location of the CA_CERTS file.
- Lots of clean up of the code formatting to make it more consistent.