XXL is a free and open-source Java library which provides a rich infrastructure for implementing advanced query processing functionality.
XXL includes low-level components like access to raw disks as well as high-level ones like a query optimizer.
Moreover, XXL provides (on the intermediate levels) a demand-driven cursor algebra, a framework for indexing and a powerful package for supporting aggregation.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the XXL library on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "XXL":
· A demand-driven cursor algebra including efficient implementations of object-relational operators such as joins, difference, MergeSort etc.
· An extended relational algebra based on java.sql.ResultSet
· A powerful framework of index-structures, e.g. B+-tree, R-tree, X-tree, M-tree etc.
· A framework for processing multi-way joins including spatial, temporal, and similarity joins
· The support of raw-I/O (using JNI), an own file system implementation, and a record ma