TM1638 is a free and open-source library for interacting an arduino with a TM1638/TM1640 module.
The TM1638 module is a module with 8x 7-segment display (8 digits), 8x 2 color (red and green) LED and 8x buttons and is controlled using serial commands.
The TM1638 module is designed to be chainable. It uses only one pin for clock, one pin for data and an additional pin (strobe) for each module you chain up to 6... that's a total of 8 pins for controlling 48 (8x6) 7-segment digits, 48 buttons and 96 LEDs (48 red and 48 green).
Great to use as a "helper/debugging" module. The TM1640 module is a module with 16x 7-segment display (8 digits) and is controlled using serial commands.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the TM1638 utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Here are some key features of "TM1638":
· Support for the TM1638 and TM1640;
· Helper methods for displaying numbers in decimal, hexadecimal and binary;
· Support for multiple chained TM1638;
· Reading simultaneous button presses;
· Support for dimming the display and LEDs;
· Support for writing text;
· Support for module in inverted position;
· Examples for using the library with multiple TM1638 and with a TM1640.
· Arduino IDE
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a define TM1638_COLOR_NONE for clarity when clearing a single LED.