Proxy Vole is an open source and free Java library that will allow developers to add platform network proxy settings auto detection capabilities.
The Proxy Vole library provides some proxy setting search strategies to read the proxy settings from the system config (Windows, KDE, Gnome, OSX), browser config (Firefox, IE), or environment variables, ... and provides you an ready to use proxy selector.
At the moment Proxy - Vole supports the following proxy detection strategies:
· Read platform settings (Supports: Windows, KDE, Gnome, OSX)
· Read browser setting (Supports: Firefox 3.x, Internet Explorer; Chrome and Webkit use the platform settings)
· Read environment variables (often used variables on Linux / Unix server systems)
· Autodetection script by using WPAD/PAC (Not all variations supported)
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Proxy Vole utility on your Mac are available HERE.
· Java 1.5 or later / 1.6 recommended
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed issue 31 : Improved the support for "no proxy" definitions.
· Fixed issue 29 : KDE settings file was not found on KDE4. This is solved now.
· Fixed issue 25 : Disabled DTD and schema validation in settings parsers.