Password Complexity Validator is a flexivle Java based library that will allow you to define a set of parameters for your password, and validate against it.
Instructions on how to use the Password Complexity Validator utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Password Complexity Validator is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "Password Complexity Validator":
· Minimum and max password length
· Minimum lower and upper alpha chars
· Minimum numerical chars
· Mininum special/symbol chars
· Minimum character differences between the users last password
· Allow or deny the usage of extended ascii characters.
· Allow or deny phone numbers within the password
· Allow or deny dates within the password
Allow or deny if passwords can contain dictionary words:
· Min length of the dictionary word
· Accuracy of the bloom filter