PD4ML is an easy to use, powerful library that makes it easy to create PDF documents from JSP and Java applications using HTML as a template language.
PD4ML is written in the Java programming language and can be run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
PD4ML allows users to easily add PDF generation functionality to end products.
Here are some key features of "PD4ML":
· Convert an URL or HTML string to a PDF file or byte stream.
· Support of inline and external CSS stylesheets
· Set PDF page format and orientation
· Control page margins
· Define PDF headers and footers in HTML (including images and page numbers)
· Embed and use True Type and Open Type fonts.
· Support most of Asian, Middle-East, European and Latin character sets
· Generate external and internal hyperlinks
· Control header/footer appearance on selected pages
· Embed media or document attachments
· Switch PDF encryption on and assign document security restrictions. PD4ML allows you to secure your PDF documents with 40-bit/128-bit encryption. You can disable printing, modifications or extracting of text content, you can lock your PDF with a password.
· Generate PDF bookmarks from named anchors or from - structure
· Generate table of contents based on - structure
· Customize page background (color or background image)
· Watermark pages
· Override hardcoded document style with additional CSS style sheets
· Provide basic support for PDF forms
· HTML-to-Image conversions
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· occasional bookmark generation errors
· "overflow: hidden" may conflict with page break directives (i.e. )
· minor issues