Opus is an audio codec, unmatched for music transmission over the Internet or interactive speech.
Opus can handles a wide range of audio applications, including Voice over IP, videoconferencing, in-game chat or live music performances.
Opus scales from low bit-rate narrowband speech to very high quality stereo music.
Here are some key features of "Opus":
· Bit-rates that vary from 6 kb/s to 510 kb/s
· Sampling rates from 8 to 48 kHz
· Different frame sizes
· Comes with full support for both constant bit-rate (CBR) and variable bit-rate (VBR)
· Audio bandwidth from narrow band to full-band
· Includes support for music and speech
· Stereo and mono support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release includes minor updates (mostly related to the the build system) that did not make it to the final RFC. It is full compliant with the Opus specification.