Nenya is a free and open-source library that includes a variety of utilities which enable developers to build networked multiplayer games.
Nenya provides the following facilities
· geom, util - basic tools for doing data structure manipulation and some geometry math
· resource - tools for bundling, deploying and managing media (images, sounds, etc.) with a game
· media - a framework for doing "active" rendering in Java
· media.image - tools for loading, caching, manipulating and displaying images
· media.sound - tools for loading, caching, and playing audio
· media.animation, media.sprite - works in concert with the active rendering system and provides tools for defining and manipulating sprites (graphical entities that follow paths) and animations (graphical entities that affect the display in other ways)
· miso - a framework for defining and displaying isometrically rendered scenes
· cast - a framework for defining and using recolorable, composited characters with different poses and actions
Nenya is cross-platform and it works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Nenya utility on your Mac are available HERE.