MapperDao is a free and open-source Java-based ORM library for the scala language and the following databases:
· sql server
MapperDao makes CRUD operations, queries and transactions very simple and it follows a no-surprise approach.
As with any ORM tool, the mappings are probably the complex part of the library but they are done in a type-safe manner and most errors will be caught during compilation.
Mapping is scala code and doesn't use xml or annotations which clutter the domain classes.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the MapperDao utility on your Mac are available HERE.
MapperDao is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "MapperDao":
· drivers for oracle, postgresql, mysql, derby, sql server
· one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one and many-to-many
· transactions (spring's JdbcTemplate is used for low level database operations)
· auto-generated columns and sequences
· encourages immutability (but ofcourse mutable domain classes are supported)
· clean domain models
· cross-database compatibility, map once and use with all
· multiple primary keys
· query DSL that resembles select statements
· traits to help dao creation (mixin with dao's)
· doesn't depend on object equality or hashcode
· configurable selects, queries & delete propagation