Libav is a powerful, open-source and cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
Libav includes libavcodec - the leading audio / video codec library, which is also used by FFmpeg.
Libav is a community driven utility that aims to provide you with a set of portable, functional and performant libraries for dealing with multimedia formats of all sorts.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· aac: check the maximum number of channels to avoid invalid writes
· indeo3: fix off by one in MV validity check
· id3v2: check for end of file while unescaping tags to avoid invalid writes, reported by Google Security Team
· afifo: fix request_samples on the last frame in certain cases
· hls, segment: fix splitting for audio-only streams
· wav: Always seek to an even offset, Bug #500, LP: #1174737
· swscale: Use alpha from the right row in yuva2rgba_c, Bug #504
· indeo3: use unaligned reads on reference blocks, Bug #503
· oma: properly forward errors in oma_read_packet
· af_asyncts: fix offset calculation
· proresdec: support mixed interlaced/non-interlaced content