Language Detection is a small, free and open source library to detect languages in which texts are written.
The process is also known as language identification, language guessing and language recognition.
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Language Detection utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Being developed using Java, Language Detection is a cross-platform library that can be used on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "Language Detection":
· 99% over precision for 40+ languages
· Detect language of a text using naive Bayesian filter
· Generate language profiles from Wikipedia abstract database file
· Java 1.6 or later
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add language profile of Estonian, Lithuanian, Latvian and Slovene.
· Support retrieving a list of loaded language profiles as getLangList() ( issue 20 )
· support generating a language profile from plain text ( issue 23 )
· Fixed a bug of issue 21.