LWJGL provides developers access to high performance crossplatform libraries such as OpenAL (Open Audio Library) and OpenGL (Open Graphics Library) allowing for state of the art 3D sound in 3D games.
Additionally LWJGL provides access to controllers such as Gamepads, Steering wheel and Joysticks. All in a simple and straight forward API.
LWJGL is not meant to make writing games particularly easy; it is primarily an enabling technology which allows developers to get at resources that are simply otherwise unavailable or poorly implemented on the existing Java platform.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add: Implement native and animated cursor support on OS X
· Add: Implement Mouse.isInsideWindow()
· Add: Cocoa based native Keyboard and Mouse
· Fix: Switched to native Cocoa windowing system for the native Display
· Fix: Dropped pbuffer usage and switched to offscreen FBO's when using CALayer's
· Fix: CALayer positioning and workaround Java 7 bug (http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7172187)
· Fix: Workaround Nvidia driver bug which crashed the OS when releasing a shared context by not releasing shared contexts.
· Fix: Modifiers now report the correct side they are pressed. Added 'fn'-key as modifier
· Fix: Allow the use of F16-F19, SECTION, INSERT, HOME, END, DELETE, NUMPADENTER, CLEAR, LMETA keys
· Removed: support for OSX 10.3 and 10.4