Jlibav is a free and open-source Java library that offers a basic functionality of the Libav via BridJ. Jlibav is compatible with the Libav binaries since the 0.7 version.
The aim of Jlibav to cover complete functionality of the Libav but it also provides a simple media player class and an RTSP server. (Note: the Libav binaries are not a part of this library)
Detailed instructions on how to install and use the Jlibav utility on your Mac are available HERE.
Jlibav is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any operating system that comes with Java support (e.g. Mac OS X, Windows, Linux).
Here are some key features of "Jlibav":
· Support for most common Libav functions
· Support for audio and video playback via SWING and Java Sound API
· Own RTSP server
· Binary independent
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· support for the new avresample library
· AVOption handlers
· channel layout support
· PCM audio encoding using Libav 0.7
· extended_data warning ( issue #4 )
· memory leak in DefaultMediaReader
· channel layout in DefaultMediaWriter
· segfault regression caused by the old audio resampling API in PlaybackSample
· segfault regression in frame resampling (old Libav versions segfaults while resampling with SWS_FAST_BILINEAR flag)
· planar audio stream issue in the RtspServerTest and the RtspSample