Library for parsing scientific unit specifications for Java
Unity includes 4 syntaxes:
· the FITS specification, section 4.3
· OGIP memo OGIP/93-001
· CDS's Standards for Astronomical Catalogues, Version 2.0
· The VOUnits syntax
Further details as well as building instructions can be found HERE (more software developed by Norman Gray can be found HERE).
Unity is a cross-platform utility capable of running on any UNIX based operating system (e.g. Mac OS X, Linux, BSD).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Removed erroneous 'p' annotation for FITS/byte.
- Tropical and Besselian years added back as known but deprecated VOUnits, and suitable adjustments to tests.
- Builds on OpenBSD with all warnings enabled, including MALLOC_OPTIONS=AFGJ (the only changes required were the removal of a couple of non-problematic strcpy calls).
- Minor adjustments/clarifications to tests.