Commons CLI is a free and open source library that will provide developers with a simple API for processing, presenting, and validating a command line interface.
NOTE: Commons CLI is licensed and provided under the terms of the Apache License Version 2.0.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The method getOptionProperties() in the CommandLine class was added to retrieve easily the key/value pairs specified with options like -Dkey1=value1 -Dkey2=value2.
· GnuParser now supports long options with an '=' sign (ie. --foo=bar and -foo=bar) (CLI-157)
· The ordering of options can be defined in help messages. (CLI-155)
· The number of arguments defined for an option specifies the arguments per occurrence of the option and not for all occurrences. (CLI-137)
· PosixParser no longer ignores unrecognized short options. (CLI-164)
· PosixParser no longer stops the bursting process of a token if stopAtNonOption is enabled and a non option character is encountered. (CLI-163)
· PosixParser no longer keeps processing the tokens after an unrecognized long option when stopAtNonOption is enabled. (CLI-165)
· Required options are properly checked if an Options instance is used twice to parse a command line. (CLI-156)
· The line wrapping in HelpFormatter now works properly. (CLI-1...