Chilkat Java Data Compression Component is an easy to use library that provides general in-memory data compression.
Chilkat Java Data Compression Component supports the following compression algorithms: PPMD, Deflate, Bzip2, and LZW.
Chilkat Java Data Compression Component provides "Begin", "More", and "End" methods allowing for large amounts of data to be compressed in streaming mode.
Here are some key features of "Chilkat Java Data Compression Component":
· PPMD Compression - Best algorithm for compressing text.
· Bzip2 Compression
· Deflate Compression - The algorithm most commonly used for .zip
· LZW Compression
· Compress and decompress in streaming mode w/ Begin, More, and End methods.
· Work directly with hex or base64 encoded string representations of compressed data.
· Simple CompressFile method for file compression.
· 30 days trial.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· (backward compatibility) Removed the deprecated CkCrypt and CkFtp C++ classes. (CkCrypt2 and CkFtp2 have been the primary C++ classes for encryption and FTP for many years.)
· (backward compatibility) Removed the deprecated Chilkat.Crypt and Chilkat.Ftp .NET classes. (The primary Chilkat .NET classes for encryption and FTP have been Chilkat.Crypt2 and Chilkat.Ftp2 for many years.)
· (backward compatibility) Removed the “Blacklist” class wherever it may have been present. This class has been deprecated for many years, and the online documentation for it was removed many years ago.
· (backward compatibility, C++ API) All C++ method arguments that were pointers to objects have now become references to objects. For example, if a method argument was “CkCert *”, it is now “CkCert &”. This cause a compilation error, but the coding fix is very simple (just dereference the pointer that is passed). There are two exceptions. One is for CkXml::Search* methods where the 1st argument may be NULL...