CFITSIO is a free and open source library of C and Fortran subroutines for reading and writing data files in FITS (Flexible Image Transport System) data format.
CFITSIO provides simple high-level routines for reading and writing FITS files that insulate the programmer from the internal complexities of the FITS format.
CFITSIO also provides many advanced features for manipulating and filtering the information in FITS files.
A set of Fortran-callable wrapper routines are also included for the convenience of Fortran programmers.
CFITSIO will probably run on most other Unix platforms without
modification. Cray supercomputers and IBM mainframe computers are
currently not supported.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· modified configure and configure.in to support cross-compiled cfitsio
· as a static library for Windows on a Linux platform using MXE
· (http://mxe.cc)a build environment for mingw32. (contributed by
· Niels Kristian Bech Jensen)
· added conditional compilation statementsfor the mingw32 environment in
· drvrfile.c because mingw32 does not include the ftello and fseeko functions.
· (contributed by Niels Kristian Bech Jensen)
· fixed a potential bug in ffcpcl (routine to copy a column from one table
· to another table) when dealing with the rare case of a '0X' column (zero
· length bit column).
· fixed an issue in the routines that update or modify string-valued
· keyword values, as a result of the change to ffc2s in the previous
· release.These routines would exit with a 204 error status if the
· current value of the keyword to be updated or modified is null.
· fixed typo in the previous modification that was intended to ignore
· numerical overflows in Hcompress when decompressing an image.
· moved the '...